Increase Your Laptop’s Battery Life
The battery to your laptop is one of the most crucial parts and, in some cases, the most tricky and expensive to replace. Do you feel that you need to have your laptop plugged in at all times to last? Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your laptop’s battery life.
Most people that own a laptop believe that you should never keep your computer on its charger at all times, as it damages the battery life expectancy of your pc. This is not true.
Lithium-Ion Batteries in today’s modern laptops and mobile devices stop charging once they are 100% charged. So, keeping them plugged in will not affect the battery’s lifespan.
Another myth is that you need to deplete the battery completely before recharging. This is also not true. The right way to charge a Lithium-Ion Battery is to allow your battery to drain to about 20% before charging.
Follow these tips to get the best out of your laptop’s battery life:
- Do not store or expose your battery to very hot or cold environments or surfaces.
- Always use your laptop’s manufacturer charger as a generic one that can damage your battery.
- Avoid leaving your battery uncharged for extended periods, as it can affect its lifespan.
- Turn on any battery maintenance features like “Low Power Mode” to help you get the most out of your battery by not expending as much energy on on-screen brightness, and keyboard backlight, among other things.
- Much like “Low Power Mode,” if you are using your computer at night, turn on “Night Mode” this mode will use less blue light (which takes more power from your battery) and more warm lights that require less power from your battery. Our technicians recommend combining “Night Mode” with “Low Power Mode” to get the most time from a single charge.
- Make sure that your operating system is constantly updated to make your computer run smoother. If your laptop is struggling to function, it will require more battery power, ultimately decreasing the lifespan of your battery.
You can practice these tips on your laptop and any other mobile device. If you still have questions about how you could increase your device’s battery lifespan, contact Cerberus Technology Solutions. Our expert technicians will ensure you get the most battery time from your Lithium-Ion Battery devices.